A loving space, a safe haven, a home.
This is what every child of every age deserves. Sometimes, biological families are not able to provide the care and support children need.
Foster Care by Foundations Health & Wholeness extends compassionate services to children in need of temporary or permanent out-of-home placement. We specialize in carefully matching children and teens with foster parents capable of providing the stability, love, and hope they require until they can reunite with their families, be adopted, or transition to independent living. Our commitment begins with recruiting, training, and licensing our foster parents, ensuring they possess the skills necessary for the unique challenges of fostering.
In close collaboration with counties across Wisconsin, we actively accept referrals for children and teens in need of out-of-home care, placing them in our licensed foster homes. Our meticulous approach guarantees that children and teens are thoughtfully paired with foster parents who meet their specific needs, providing them with the optimal conditions for success. Post-placement, our focus shifts to advocating for our foster families, offering unwavering support to both the children and parents involved. Employing a 24/7 case management approach, we guide families step-by-step through what may very well be the most rewarding times of their lives.
The Ideal Foster Care Organization
We are a nonprofit organization
- Foundations’ mission is innovating care to heal mind and spirit; changing lives, families, and communities
- Our work is supported by individuals and businesses in the community
- We place a high priority on collaborations with other community partners
Supporting our foster families is our top priority
- We treat our foster families like our own family
- Our support doesn’t end at the end of a work day; we provide 24/7 support 365 days a year
- We show appreciation to our foster families in a variety of ways, including exclusive events throughout the year
- Our support is here to help foster families looking to make a difference
- We laugh, cry, and share stories with our families
- We offer support by providing therapy services to our foster families and children
- Multiple offices bring support to the areas where our foster families live:
- Green Bay
- Germantown/Greater Milwaukee
- Appleton/Fox Valley
- Janesville/Southern WI
- Stevens Point/Central WI
- Eau Claire
For specific office contact information, visit HERE.
Our foster families keep control throughout their time with us
- Foster families control the pace of their training to fit their needs
- After becoming licensed, our foster families tell us what ages and situations they are open to
- Foster families have the opportunity to meet and spend time with any child before agreeing to foster him or her
Treatment Foster Care
Foster Care by Foundations is a treatment foster care program, licensed by the State of Wisconsin. Treatment foster care, also called therapeutic foster care, is out-of-home care by foster parents with specialized training to care for a wide variety of children and adolescents, usually those with emotional, behavioral, or social issues or medical needs. Treatment foster care is designed to provide safe and nurturing care to a child or youth in a more structured home environment than typical foster care. Foster parents typically receive additional supports and services. Foundations has treatment foster homes throughout Wisconsin.
Our team works with each child and foster family to approach treatment with:
- Wrap-around support
- Consistency and structure
- Therapeutic parenting
- And other supportive services.
We work with foster parents to ensure that they are trained, confident, and supported before they work with children and teens in need of treatment foster care.
To learn more about the supportive services we provide, visit our Support page HERE.
Already in Your Foster Care Journey?
Below are some forms that you may need throughout your journey. If you have any questions regarding any of the following forms, please feel free to reach out to one of our case workers.
Our Wisconsin Foster Care Leadership Team
Front Row: Abby Smasal, Western (Eu Claire) Regional Director, Hiep Nguyen, State Director, Natasha Watkins, Southern (Janesville) Regional Director
Back Row: Alissa Getzin, Greater Milwaukee (Germantown) Regional Director, Whitney Golding, Central (Stevens Point) Regional Director, Jory Gennett, Northeast (Green Bay) Regional Director, Jackie Baumgart, RAYS Youth Services Director, Jessica Drews, Fox Valley (Appleton) Regional Director
Our Recruiting, Referral, & Licensing Team
Left to Right: Collin Drews, Recruiting Manager, Allison Higgins, Referral and Licensing Manager