Nominate a business, non-profit or individual for the Ethics in Business Awards
Business people and members of the community are invited and encouraged to nominate others for these awards, or take advantage of this unique opportunity and self nominate.
Nominations are now open for 2018!
Please review the award criteria below for eligibility.
The nominations process is easy!
All you have to do is provide contact information for you and your nominee using the form below.
Submit By Mail – Print this form and mail to 1061 W. Mason Street, Green Bay, WI 54303.
Online – Complete the nomination form below and submit.
Each nominee should exemplify the minimum criteria listed below in addition to the specific criteria listed for each award:
- Located in Northeast Wisconsin (Brown County & adjacent counties) with significant involvement, business or personal, in Brown County.
- Strategic approaches to ethics in terms of not only doing what is good, but what is good and right when making decisions.
- Evidence of effective ethical behavior demonstrating Universal Ethical Principles in all relationships including the natural environment.
Additional Criteria for Businesses
Business of any size with well-defined programs or efforts directed toward important social issues and/or demonstrating an awareness and effective implementation of a socially responsible approach to their business that goes beyond the expected or required.
- Depending on the current effectiveness meeting strategic goals, the existence of effective innovative partnering with other businesses, non-profits, and government entities
- Extent program and company values are integrated into the business’s culture
- Extent activity goes beyond what is required by law or industry standards.
Additional Criteria for Non-Profit Organizations
Non-profit organizations must have registered 501(c)(3) status. Organizations are considered for their effectiveness in carrying out their stated mission, standards of conduct, cooperation and coordination with other organizations and individuals, and treatment of staff and clients.
- Fundraising Integrity
- Criteria for accepting recipients of services
- Depending upon the current effectiveness carrying out the mission, the existence of effective, innovative partnering with other non-profits, business and government entities.
- Board composition, independence, stewardship and governance
- Extent ethical practices and company values are integrated into the organization’s culture.
Additional Criteria for Individuals
Individuals of high moral character who demonstrate ethical practices exemplified by their treatment of others with care, respect, fairness, and accountability; who champion social responsibility; and who marshal resources and take innovative approaches.
- Personal values
- Programs championed
- Extent of influence
- Extent of resources marshaled
How are the winners determined?
- Nominations are solicited in the early spring
- Initial screening completed by the Selection Committee
- Finalist names are given to the Research Team comprised of University of Wisconsin – Green Bay students from the Public and Environmental Affairs Department under the facilitation of Professor John Stoll
- A team of two students conduct personal interviews with all finalists. All are asked the same questions
- Finalists provide three references and members of the research team interview each reference by phone
- The research team writes a report on each finalist, including information from all of the above
- The Selection Committee bases its decisions upon the information gathered in the reports
- The activities of both the Selection Committee and the Research Team are conducted independently of Foundations leadership staff and board of directors